Kombucha Tea: Properties and benefits
Kombucha (also known as Manchurian fungus, tea fungus or Chinese mushroom) is a fermented beverage with a slight acidic flavor, which is prepared by sweetened tea that is fermented by a gelatinous colony of microorganisms, with scientific name Medusomyces gisevi (consisting mainly of Bacterium xylinum, Gluconob cter oxydans and yeast-like fungi) 1 genera Ascomycetes, such as Saccharomycodes ludwigii, Saccharomyces cerev siae, Schizosaccharomyces pombe fermentans and Zygosaccharomyces bailii).
These fungi and bacteria convert sugar (sucrose) into glucose and fructose and then into alcoholic (drinking) alcohol, carbonic gas (CO2) and acetic acid, all they live in a symbiosis of mutual benefit, forming a jelly-like body similar to a jellyfish on the surface of the liquid. If the fungus receives food continuously, this process has no end, so the kombucha is called the mushroom of immortality .
The type of bacteria and fungi can vary depending on the type of tea used and the preparation time because at the beginning of the fermentation of solution of tea and sugar Several types of microorganisms can participate in the process, but after a few days there are only those that form the body of Medusomyces and the others die due to acidity and antibiotic substances that segregates the colony for protection against harmful bacteria and mold fungi.
Properties and benefits
There are many favorable opinions about the possible advantages of t Kombucha
Some properties attributed to the Kombucha:
normalizes the intestinal transit
regulates intestinal flora
It has antiviral and antibacterial effects
• activates body defense
• detoxifies the organism
• It reduces the level of cholesterol
• balances the acidity in the body
• improves protein digestion
• stimulates circulation
• facilitates the absorption of minerals
• activates the functions of the pancreas
• balances blood glucose
• increases the secretion of physiological sulfur, vitamin B12 and vitamin K
• improves oxygen performance in cells
• increases well-being
• increases the physical capacity of athletes
• remove the laces
The properties of the Kombucha are the same for all its varieties or different flavors, but each type of tea has its particular character, flavor and color and therefore varies in properties and ingredients.
Components that justify a good part of the healthy effects
• Vitamins: B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, folic acid, C, D, E and K
• Enzymes: invertase, amylase, catalase, sucrose, coagulant enzyme, protease, etc.
• Essential organic acids: glucoronic acid, lactic acid, acetic acid, gluconic acid, carbonic acid, single acid, tartaric acid, citric acid, etc.
• Minerals: depending on the tea or plant used. For example, Rooibos contains iron, potassium, zinc, manganese, copper, calcium, magnesium, fluoride.
• And no less important: Yeasts and polysaccharides, in addition to caffeine (in the case of tea) and approximately 0.5% alcohol.
All these components justify a good part of their healthy effects and have been scientifically verified. But many other properties, known through experience, are still under investigation; because the key seems to be precisely in the harmonic association of so many participants whose alloy process interacts randomly to trigger, as in the case of good wines, a living product that in optimal circumstances of hygiene and care offers such irreplaceable results as irreproducible.